By David Maidment
Read or Download An Indian Summer of Steam PDF
Best railways books
The Atlantic & nice Western Railroad was once one of many earliest and biggest east-west railroad tasks within the usa. It used to be the dream of yank developers William Reynolds of Pennsylvania and Marvin Kent of Ohio. by utilizing the non-standard six-foot gauge, those males helped build a trunk line connecting the Atlantic tidewater with the Mississippi River "without holiday of gauge.
The manhattan Rail highway is the oldest railroad within the kingdom nonetheless working less than its unique identify. because the busiest railroad in North the United States, it contains 265,000 consumers each one weekday aboard 735 trains on eleven various branches. The Port Jefferson department serves 10 stations from Hicksville to Port Jefferson and contains approximately 20 percentage of the railroad’s passenger site visitors over its 32 miles of tune.
In retrospect at type 24 & 25 Locomotives takes a better examine those plucky and flexible kind 2 locos in a full-colour photographic album. the pictures stick to the locomotives from their advent within the overdue Nineteen Fifties and all through their carrier years, carrying on with to their ultimate loss of life from daily provider.
In the beginning of the 20 th century, the road railway was once one of many greatest within the kingdom. as soon as ubiquitously seen at the urban streets, by means of mid-century the streetcar used to be not anything greater than a far off reminiscence. Ohio was once domestic to a number of huge streetcar structures, particularly in Cleveland and Cincinnati, and had extra interurban tracks than the other country within the union.
- Harvey Houses of Texas: Historic Hospitality from the Gulf Coast to the Panhandle (Landmarks)
- Fatigue in Railway Infrastructure (Woodhead Publishing in Mechanical Engineering)
- England's Cathedrals by Train: Discover how the Normans and Victorians Helped to Shape our Lives
- The Great Western Railway Shrewsbury to Pwllheli: Volume 5
- Cape Breton Railways: An Illustrated History
- Illinois Central Railroad: Wrecks, Derailments, and Floods (Images of Rail)
Additional info for An Indian Summer of Steam
An Indian Summer of Steam by David Maidment